DAB Committees, Committee Chairs and Committee Members
Community Outreach Committee Chair: Alex Dvorak, firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee Members: Brad Johnston, Paul Rizzo
- Accelerate relationship building among members through shared volunteer events.
- Positively impact the community.
- Partner with volunteer organizations whose vision, mission, goals and objectives align as closely as possible with those of the DAB.
- Organize and facilitate quarterly volunteer events.
- Provide “other” opportunities for DAB members to give back to the community throughout the year.
- 50% member participation goal for all volunteer activities.
- Provide opportunities at a wide variety of times, geographic locations and types to encourage all members to at least volunteer one time a year.
- Effectively communicate monthly through newsletters, the DAB's website and verbally at each monthly meeting on all upcoming community activities.
- Utilize member testimonials in communication plan to raise awareness and increase excitement among DAB membership.
- Formalize partnership with Junior Achievement (JA) in an effort to develop a long-term partnership benefiting both organizations.
- Occasionally hold networking events after activities to further relationship building.
Diversity/Inclusion Committee Chair: David Silverman, email@example.com
Committee Members: Dave Johnson, John Jordan, Dan Smink
- Guide the recruitment and retention of diverse members up to and including diversity in gender, race, socio-economic backgrounds and age, and especially underrepresented minority groups.
- Be responsible for facilitating cohesion, understanding, and camaraderie among existing members and new members belonging to these groups in an inclusive and non-discriminatory manner.
- Attract and retain a diverse membership through many approaches, including partnering with minority business groups, hosting minority events, and more.
- The DAB will avoid affirmative action or other similar quota-based programs.
Events Committee Chair: Adams Price, firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee Members: Ron Jensen, Julie Mansfield
- Organize monthly meeting catering and A/V needs.
- Organize annual events and catering for:
- New Year Kickoff Party.
- Golf/Dinner event.
- Fall Social.
- Organize Quarterly Happy Hours.
- Organize other events such as the ski day, bowling and a bike event.
- Continue to promote the events through a variety of communications (verbally at the meetings, in the newsletter, Meetup reminders).
- Increase event participation.
Member Engagement Committee Chair: Bob Dodge, email@example.com
Committee Members: Paul Heffner, Dean Isaacs, Ron Jensen, Dave Johnson, Julie Mansfield, Linda Montgomery Streeter, Karen Susman, Peter Tedstrom
- Assist our members in gaining maximum benefit based on the DAB’s purpose: “Creating and growing professional friendships resulting in personal & business success.”
- Provide a variety of opportunities for members to engage with each other to grow relationships.
- Increase response rate in our annual survey that “Being a DAB member helps my business.”
- Increase response rate in our annual survey that “I plan to renew my DAB membership next year.”
- Achieve at least 90% retention of members annually.
New Member Committee Chair: Camilla Manly, firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee Members: Ken Galecki, Dave Johnson, Colin Kresock, Peter Tedstrom
- Continue to expand membership in identified and targeted business sectors.
- Maintain optimal membership diversity.
- Educate members about new electronic nomination and application process.
- Reinvigorate targeted recruitment – build on progress made in the years prior.
- Ideas to get new members announcement to DAB members.
Peer Advisory Groups Committee Chair: Doug Phelps, email@example.com
Committee Members: Colleen Belak, Bob Carrothers, Stu Perlmeter, David Silverman, Kevin Sullivan, Vince Tinnirello
- Provide members an opportunity to build member relationships by knowing and understanding other PAG member’s businesses.
- Provide members a venue to receive structured peer-advisory support, insights from other bu
- siness owners & executives and a forum to receive feedback, ideas, and advice from other members.
- Ensure DAB PAG Facilitators are engaged, trained and committed to their groups.
- Ensure groups work well; have proper structure and accountability.
- Assist facilitators with topic generation.
Represent DAB PAG Initiative in front of membership, potential members and the public.
- Recruit both facilitators and group members.
- Help members leverage each other as “trusted resources.”
- Improve member accountability to their group and their group members.
- 5 PAG groups at capacity and stable.
- Launch PAG group to cover the NW Metro area.
Programs Committee Chair: Brian DeLaet, firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee Members: Cindy Gomerdinger
- Enrich and enhance the DAB member experience.
- Create a positive experience for guests as prospective new members.
- Schedule speakers that can provide valuable, useful and interesting content to members at monthly meetings:
- Focus on a diversity of topics such as leadership, growing a business, communication, Colorado business and economy, and inspirational as requested by the membership.
- Provide knowledge that expands our perspective and awareness on matters connected to our business and professional lives.
- Organize panels and roundtables each year.
- Maintain an alternate networking or event plan in the event of a last minute speaker cancellation.
- Maintain speaker requirements:
- Good public speaker.
- Interesting topic.
- Applicable topic to our business or personal lives.
- Have a balance between business, local, national and international issues.
- Seek input from all DAB members for speakers and topics.
- Maintain and grow the committee and ensure members are actively involved in the selection and presentation process.
- Collaborate with the Board to identify a successor to lead the committee after an appropriate period of time.