Communications Committee Chair: Doug Phelps
Committee Members: Linda Montgomery, Kevin Sullivan, Cynthia Wellbrock
- Announce and promote new members.
- Create and distribute monthly newsletter.
- Promote and recap meetings and events.
- Provide and promote access to a central repository of relevant and useful information.
- Increase usefulness of communication tools available to members.
Community Outreach Committee Chair: Max Eckstein
Committee Members: Todd Krapf, Kristi Shaffer
- Accelerate relationship building among members through shared volunteer events.
- Positively impact the community.
- Partner with volunteer organizations whose vision, mission, goals and objectives align as closely as possible with those of the DAB.
- Organize and facilitate quarterly volunteer events.
- Provide “other” opportunities for DAB members to give back to the community throughout the year.
- 50% member participation goal for all volunteer activities.
- Provide opportunities at a wide variety of times, geographic locations and types to encourage all members to at least volunteer one time a year.
- Effectively communicate monthly through newsletters, Meetup page and verbally at each monthly meeting on all upcoming community activities.
- Utilize member testimonials in communication plan to raise awareness and increase excitement among DAB membership.
- Formalize partnership with Junior Achievement (JA) in an effort to develop a long-term partnership benefiting both organizations. Building that lasting bond with JA, student participants, staff and community.
- Occasionally hold networking events after activities to further relationship building.
Events Committee Chair: Tony Giarratano
Committee Members: Ron Jensen, Julie Mansfield, Suzanna Martinez
- Organize monthly meeting catering and A/V needs.
- Organize annual events and catering for:
- New Year Kickoff Party.
- Golf/Dinner event.
- Fall Social.
- Organize Quarterly Happy Hours.
- Organize other events such as the ski day, bowling and a bike event.
- Continue to promote the events through a variety of communications (verbally at the meetings, in the newsletter, Meetup reminders).
- Increase event participation.
New Member/Engagement Committee Chairs: Yvonne Wilder: email@example.com; Dean Isaacs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee Members: Todd Gilson, Ron Jensen, Dave Johnson, Bill Magnusson, Suzanna Martinez, Karen Susman
- Continue to expand membership in identified and targeted business sectors.
- Ensure quick integration/acceptance of new members into group via new member ambassadors.
- Enhance member exposure to group.
- Maintain optimal membership diversity.
- Educate members about new electronic nomination and application process.
- Reinvigorate targeted recruitment – build on progress made in 2015.
- Ideas to get new members announcement to DAB members.
- Modify table meet & greet – encourage all to meet everyone at their table.
- Hold Member Services Committee meeting in late 1st Q, 2016 and 3rd Q, 2016.
Peer Advisory Group Chair: Colleen Belak
Committee Members: Mike Butler, Todd Krapf, Stu Perlmeter
- Provide members an opportunity to build member relationships by knowing and understanding other PAG member’s businesses.
- Provide members a venue to receive structured peer-advisory support, insights from other business owners & executives and a forum to receive feedback, ideas and advice from other members.
- Ensure DAB PAG Facilitators are engaged, trained and committed to their groups.
- Ensure groups work well; have proper structure and accountability.
- Assist facilitators with topic generation.
- Represent DAB PAG Initiative in front of membership, potential members and the public.
- Recruit both facilitators and group members.
- Help members leverage each other as “trusted resources.”
- Improve member accountability to their group and their group members.
- 5 PAG groups at capacity and stable.
- Launch PAG group to cover the NW Metro area.
Programs Committee Chair: Rick Daggett
Committee Members: David Cohn, Cindy Gomerdinger, Stu Perlmeter, Jayne Sanders, Gary Taylor
- Enrich and enhance the DAB member experience.
- Create a positive experience for guests as prospective new members.
- Schedule speakers that can provide valuable, useful and interesting content to members at monthly meetings:
- Focus on “hard business topics” as requested by the membership.
- Provide knowledge that expands our perspective and awareness on matters connected to our business and professional futures.
- Promote Monthly Meetings via Meetup.
- Organize 2 “panels of experts” and/or “roundtables” annually.
- Post information/content provided by speakers, “panel of experts” and “roundtables” to DAB Meetup.”
- Maintain an alternate networking event plan in the event of a last minute speaker cancellation.
- Define speaker requirements:
- Good public speaker.
- Interesting topic.
- Educational, something we can use or take away.
- Have a balance between business, local, national and international issues.
- Seek input from all DAB members, for future speakers and topics.
- Make sure all committee members are actively involved in the selection and presentation process.
Public Relations Committee Chair: Lauren O’Connell
Committee Members: Jeff Aronheim, Brian DeLaet, Lynndell Epp, Paul Hartmann, Carey Madsen, Karen Susman
- Increase awareness of the DAB with targeted Denver metro business leaders through the DAB website, LinkedIn and media.
- Continue to evolve the DAB website to become the public face of our organization and the go-to resource for non-members interested in finding out who we are and what value we bring to our membership.
- Complement DAB Meetup communications and content to add value for members.
- Increase DAB exposure in targeted open sectors in the Denver business community.